Information about the deb repo manager p-vector
P-vector manages AOSC OS's deb repository, generates index files and analyzes problems in packaging.
p-vector config.yaml (scan|release [--force]|sync|analyze [full]|reset [pv|sync])
scan: scan the directories containing packages and record them in the database.
release: generate the
Contentsfiles for apt.
sync: download SQLite databases from packages.aosc.io and load them into the PostgreSQL database.
analyze: analyze problems in packaging.
reset: drop tables.
p-vector uses a PostgreSQL database. We recommend using the latest version, even though 9.6 is still usable. Specify the connection string in
db_pgconn in the config file.
p-vector native tables
These tables contain information necessary to generate indices for apt and to analyze problems.
- pv_repos: lists information about repos
- name*: primary key
- realname: name without branch
- path: path of deb repo
- testing: 0-2, the level of stablility
- branch: stable, testing, explosive
- component: main, bsp, opt
- architecture: all, amd64, ...
- pv_packages: metadata of every .deb file
- mtime: modification time of the deb file
- debtime: the modification time of
- section: as listed in deb file
- installed_size: KiB, listed in deb file
- _vercomp: comparable version for sorting
- pv_package_duplicate: deb files with same package, version and repo
- (same as above, primary key is filename)
- relationship*: Depends, Breaks, ...
- value: as listed in deb (parsed in v_dpkg_dependencies)
- pv_package_sodep: dynamic library dependency of deb file
- depends: 0 provides, 1 depends
- name: libfoo.so
- ver: .1.2.3
- pv_package_files: files in deb packages
- path: without leading /
- ftype: file types, eg. reg, dir, lnk, sock, chr, blk, fifo
- perm: permission stored as integer
- pv_package_issues: current package issues
- errno: issue code
- level: -1 critical, 0 error, 1 warning
- ctime: creation time
- mtime: modification time (same package and file, different detail)
- atime: verification time
- detail: json field
- pv_issues_stats: package issue statistics log
- cnt: issue count
- total: package count
- pv_dbsync: packages site database sync status
- name: database filename
tables from packages site
These tables are copied from the packages site.
These views come from abbs.db of the packages site.
- v_packages: latest packages in source trees
- v_package_upstream: package upstream version and url
These views show more information about packages and their relationships, but are expensive to compute.
- v_packages_new: packages with the largest versions
- (same as pv_packages)
- v_dpkg_dependencies: parsed dpkg dependencies
- nr: number of dependency. If dependency specified contains | (or), then nr is same
- deppkg: depended package
- deparch: archtecture of depended package
- relop: version relationship
- depver: version requirement
- depvercomp: version requirement for comparison
- v_so_breaks: when updating
dep_packages will be broken?
- package: the package that is depended on
- sodepver: the sover that other packages require
- dep_package: the reverse dependency
Here we list the actual implementation of issue detection.
- 101: find entries in table repo_package_basherr where package name is null
- 102: find entries in table repo_package_basherr where package name is not null (package name is defined in
- 103: regex
^[a-z0-9][a-z0-9+.-]*$. The debian policy specifies that package name should be at least 2 characters, but we set an exception here for
- 301: debtime is null. If we can't open the deb file, we won't be able to get mtime of
- 302: size < 10M and size < one third of median package size
- 303: pool/(lib)<initial letter>/<package name>_<version>_<architecture>.deb
- 311: regex
- 321: packages doesn't contain files in /usr/local or
- 322: executable zero-size files, whose names are not NEWS, ChangeLog, INSTALL, TODO, COPYING, AUTHORS, README, README.md, README.txt, empty, placeholder, placeholder.txt, .*, __init__.p*
- 323: uid>999 OR gid>999
- 324: non-executable file in /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin; or non-executable directory
- 401: find packages whose build dependencies are not found in source
- 402: find entries in table package_duplicate
- 411: find packages whose dependencies (Depends, Pre-Depends, Recommends, Suggests) not found in related deb repos
- 412: find entries in table pv_package_duplicate
- 421: find packages p1 and p2, where p1 and p2 have same regular files, p1 != p2, p1.arch=p2.arch or p2.arch=all, p1.repo_component=p2.repo_component, p1.testing <= p2.testing; also excludes Breaks, Replaces, Conflicts listed in deb package
- 431: find package p2 that provides the library that package p1 needs. If no version matches, then find the same so-name, such that p2 is the most popular provider. Return fuzzy matches and empty matches.
- 432: recursively find package p2 that provides the library that package p1 needs. Return library providers that not found in PKGDEP. Don't report missing dependencies in aosc-os-core. If p1 dep p2 dep p3 and p1 sodep p3, but p1 doesn't declare PKGDEP on p3, this situation is NOT reported. If p1 dep/sodep p2 dep p3, and p1 sodep p3, but p1 doesn't declare PKGDEP on p3, this situation is reported.