Contributor Minutes on 2020-05-10
- Yhi: RFC on proposals and enrollment information.
- Projects: AOINB, L10n, DeployKit.
- Time: July to October, time considerations.
- Starting June, receiving proposal and responding to inquiries.
- Bai: I will take L10n.
- Who will take automation?
- Yhi: Part of the compensation goes to the community.
- Bai: How do we deal with the income/compensation?
- No problem if the student is compensated.
- Should we constructively respond (set up a mechanism to deal with this compensation), or should we forfeit our compensation?
- Yhi: Can't decide.
- Liushuyu: Makes no difference.
- Saki: I think we should constructively respond. Could use compensation for community maintenance and AOSCC... AArch64?
- Bai: AOSCC sounds like a good place to spend the money, but who would manage this?
- Liushuyu: Try SPI.
- Bai: Geographic alignment is not of interest for the community.
- Bai: Is our community worthy to join in?
- Yhi: We are eligible according to their information.
- Yhi: Project listings incomplete.
- Bai: Will finish L10n, will need to hear back from Lion and Gumblex on AOINB.
- Yhi: Zamir heard that from GSoC, communities were not compensated. Will get in touch with organisers.
- Revised Wiki from suggestions.
- Will submit enrollment information, project listings idealy to be completed by May 14.
- Bai: Yhi, what do you think about
arch/loongson2.sh? MMI, EXT, etc. are reserved for Loongson 3, correct?
- Yhi: Indeed.
- Yhi: Add
- Yhi: Should check with FlyGoat, whether to use
-march=loongson2e. We shouldn't expect much though.
- FlyGoat, Sun Haiyong (from out of meeting): Only
-march=mips3 could be compatible between 2E/F, 2E/F has different MMI implementations.
- Bai: Let's use
- Bai: Should we leave 2E alone or collect a list of MMI-aware packages?
- Yhi: According to FlyGoat, we should just go with
-march=mips3, and overlay
ffmpeg, these are the only two known ones to use MMI (for a ~10% gain).
- Liushuyu: Almost done.
groupadd segfaults for some reason (stage 2), stage 1 (or
stub in AOSC speech) is done.
- Bai: Can we backup stage 1?
- Liushuyu: Yes, by null-ing stage 2.
- Bai: Issues to be fixed (deps, file location, etc.).
- Bai: Let's change Minutes titles to "Contributor Minutes on $DATE".