As outlined in our Interpersonal Guidelines, AOSC does not accept monetary donations as cumulative funds for the community and specific projects. However, as a hobbyist community with no operational funds, we often require financial and material support in the case of significant purchases, especially in terms of computing devices that are crucial for our community projects. Therefore, we accept donations in the form of monetary funds or physical materials (computer cases, power supplies, hard drives, etc.).
Further Points of Clarification
- Donations of funds and materials must be directed to specific community projects (for instance, purchasing or upgrading a BuildBot for a specific port of AOSC OS).
- Donors are to be acknowledged, though not considered a community contributor (who would enjoy certain benefits such as a personal home page at the community portal, Git write access, and an @aosc.io mailbox). However, donors…
- May request access to purchased hardware and services.
- Are to be notified with specific details on future usage, maintenance, and deprecation of devices.
- Funding projects are considered complete once the proposed amounts are collected, no further donation will be accepted.
- In case of unused funds, surplus funds are to be refunded to donors by proportion of the total value of the purchase.
- In case of a cancelled funding project, donors are to be refunded in full.